Nothing much has really been going on- I've been feeling the same: occasional nausea, frequent urination, mild heartburn a few times a week, and hungry just about any time I'm not nauseated. My next appointment is two weeks from yesterday- I can't wait to finally hear the heartbeat!
I say finally because I bought a fetal doppler. I decided that after I saw two more ladies leaving my due date board I wanted to get one. I looked in to this one brand- H.i Be.be- and it was so expensive new. I just couldn't justify the expense for just peace of mind. I looked on ebay and found one for super cheap- of course it was used but hey, it was in good working order. I mentioned it to John and I think he would've been up for it if I hadn't mentioned the board. He thinks it puts funny ideas in to my head and sometimes it does. The next day after I had talked to him about the doppler I had brought it up again that night. I had found another doppler for $35 + free shipping buy-it-now. I asked him if he would be upset if I got one and he really didn't answer me one way or another. So I decided to look at the ones I had seen earlier. One was up for auction with a few hours to go. I was going to bid on that one toward the end and if I didn't win that one I was going to just buy the buy-it-now one. I had seen that someone had inquired about the buy-it-now one so I was concerned that I would wait for the one on auction, not win it, and then go to get the buy-it-now one and it would be gone. So I just bought the one that was readily available for purchase.
It came a few days later and I was so excited to try it out (although I fully knew that I might not find the heartbeat or even hear it because I was only 10w5d). Then a thought occurred to me... the probe probably touched that gals "lady hair" so I definitely needed to clean it off with rubbing alcohol. I went to clean it off and noticed there was some residue from the ultrasound gel she used. Um, ew!! Come on people- clean your stuff off before you send it to the winning bidder.
I've been able to find the heartbeat but I haven't been able to hear it. I don't know if it's because the baby moves before I can really lock on to the heartbeat or if I'm not pressing hard enough or who knows what. It's neat to see that number flash across the screen for even a second & know it's the baby.
I'm really excited to find out what we're having. John & I prefer a girl for different reasons but obviously a boy would be loved. However I have this ridiculous fear that I'd be disappointed to find out it was a boy. I wouldn't be and there's nothing wrong with a boy- we'd love what we had no matter what. But I do know some women who also feel the same. I'm afraid to even tell someone about that fear because a lot of people wouldn't understand. Or might take it the wrong way like there's something wrong with one gender or another. The most important thing to me is that this baby is healthy regardless of the sex and I don't want people to think I wouldn't love my son should we have a boy.
Mainly I just want to see our little Frankenpebble (don't ask) again!


Dad and I are excited to find out what you're having too.
ReplyDeleteI don't think that your fear is ridiculous. I think lots of parents have this fear, but they're just not brave enough to say it out loud. I kept my thoughts regarding this to myself. What I said out loud was that it didn't matter what we had, as long as the baby was healthy, which is very true.
There will always be people out there who will judge you, so you need to remember that what's important is how you and John feel and try not worry about what others think.