Friday, September 17, 2010

13 weeks 2 days

I had my 2nd prenatal appointment today. It all went really well- my blood pressure was good, I'm down 2 pounds (not very surprised since I have major food aversions & a hard time finding things to eat), and all my blood tests and the 24 hour urine analysis looked good. Baby is doing good- his/her heart rate was 150. I was FINALLY able to hear it! The baby was positioned right over my bladder. I couldn't believe how hard the midwife had to push though to find the heartbeat. I certainly wasn't pushing that hard with my doppler.

I return in 4 weeks and will schedule my anatomy appointment at that point. I can't wait to see the baby again- I hope the baby cooperates and shows the goods. Or lack thereof hehe

2 comments:

  1. So glad your appointment went well! It's such a relief to hear that heartbeat earlier on (before feeling regular movement that you know he/she is in there and ok.) I can't believe how fast your pregnancy is going (and how slow mine is LOL.) I'm excited to find out if my little munchkin will have a little "girlfriend" or "little buddy" to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you are so relieved now that you got to hear the heartbeat and all your tests are normal. Now you can TRY to relax!

    ReplyDelete