What's in a name? For this little one's name I want it to be something unique but not crazy weird. I see names people name their children on the Gei.sing.er website and it's like WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?! I mean come on- don't these people think past these kids' childhood and to adulthood? Do you really think that someone is going to want to hire a person named Cashmyre? Seriously people. We're pretty set on a boy name- I only like one and don't have other options. Although I feel like I should look at other boy names because what if we have a boy & he doesn't come out looking like the name we picked? For girl names I had one I liked from our list when I was pregnant with Delilah. Then I thought of a 2nd one I liked. And yesterday I thought of yet a 3rd one I liked. I know I don't have to worry about this yet and I'm really not- I'll think about it more seriously after we find out what we're having (not until November- ugh!).
Another thing that I've been thinking about that was brought up on my due date board is when will Delilah come to the hospital? I'm going to have a repeat c-section & will be in recovery for an hour. I won't get to even see the baby until I go back to my room. I thought I'd have Delilah be there right away but as I thought about it more I figured that after I'm brought back to my room I want to bond with the baby a little before Delilah comes. I don't want her to be there & feel like mommy isn't paying attention to her. I'd like to have some time with the baby so I don't feel like I'm being torn trying to bond with the baby & pay attention to Delilah. So I think what we'll do is maybe have her come to the hospital after her nap (if I get sectioned in the morning). If I have an afternoon section we'll have her come in after dinner. Again- not something I need to worry about now but definitely something I'd like to get thinking about.
I found the cutest pregnancy planner on Ebay. It's called Prego Planner and it has all the stuff in it that I'm looking for. For Delilah I had this neat thing called The Essential Pregnancy Organizer and also a calendar planner that Ash had gotten me. I decided not to get the pregnancy organizer this time around but I did want a calendar planner. I can't find one anywhere like the one Ash had gotten me. I came across this which is a combination of the organizer & the planner. While I don't *need* all the things in it I would like to have it.


I don't know where you get your planning ahead skills, but it's not from me. I remember being 6 months pregnant and not having anything. The girls I worked with at the time couldn't believe that my main concern was what pattern style of cushions to get from the S&H Green Stamp Store for my rocking chair. I did not have anything... no clothes, no crib, no high chair, no bassinette, no changing table, no diapers. Well you get the picture, NOTHING! Ah, well, it all worked out for us, and it will for you too.
ReplyDeleteAhhh all the things to think about! With when this baby come there is a good chance because of the flu the boys won't even be able to come to the hospital if there is that ban they had like last year (h1n1 flu.) I didn't even believe it when someone told me so I asked that nurse that was there when both Landon and Delilah were born (Jenn.) Sure enough, if the flu ban is on, no one under 18 :( I'm not sure how far the ban goes if it's in until as late as March??
ReplyDeleteThe part that stinks the most about being sectioned is defiantly that one hour wait to get to hold baby. It's such a critical bonding time, and it's torture on us mom's!!
I had a c section with both my kids and never had to be separated from them? Where do u deliver?
ReplyDeleteMom- You're organized so that's good enough. Not everyone is crazy like me & thinks about/obsesses about things way before they need to ;-)
ReplyDeleteAsh- O wow I didn't even think of that :-\
Kate- Evangelical.
hmm thats weird thats where I delivered both my kids
ReplyDeleteThat is weird... hmm... you & I might be needing to have a talk LoL
ReplyDeleteI even asked Adam, he said I delivered and I went into a room (not my room room) and they brought her into me. We had to stay in that room with a nurse for one hour then I could go to my room room......lol
ReplyDelete