Thursday, August 12, 2010

7 weeks 6 days

I've made it- well almost. Monday is our appointment. FINALLY! I'll be 8 weeks 3 days. I cannot wait to get in there & see the baby. I just pray that everything is ok (which I'm sure it is since I'm still having preggo symptoms LoL). I'm really excited to have John & Delilah there too. When I had my first appointment with Delilah, John wasn't able to make it. But my mom was so that was really cool to have her there to see the baby :-)

The past few days I haven't been nauseated at all- just hungry ALL the time. Like I just ate a Fiber One bar a few minutes ago & I'm still hungry. Argh! I do try to make sure I eat healthy things since I'm so hungry all the time. That's kind of hard when I want salty stuff & the only thing salty we really have is chips. But I'm happy to say that I don't have those too often.

I've been thinking about having a c-section as opposed to trying for a VBAC. Even though I've always felt cheated of having a vaginal birth with Delilah, I was 100% sure I would go with the c-section. There's a few perks like knowing when your baby is coming and not having to go through labor just to have a c-section anyway. I was also planning on having the doctors "take care of things" while they were in there. With a c-section I could go in to it well rested and not exhausted from having labored for how long. *sigh* This is so hard! With a VBAC there are risks- like you could have uterine rupturing. However I've seen this risk has a pretty low percentage. With a c-section things would be easy however it's still a major abdominal surgery with a longer recovery time than a vaginal birth. I don't know if I'll be lucky again to go on my own this time and so close to my due date which would mean I'd probably end up getting sectioned anyway because I know they won't want me going a week past my due date (because of the PCOS) and they won't (I don't think) induce someone who's had a c-section. I think you're only a good candidate for a VBAC if you go naturally.

Even though I am filled with doubt I'm thinking that we'll just end up going with the c-section. There's just too many what-ifs for me to feel comfortable. Argh... the decisions! Thankfully I really don't have to give this too much thought since I have awhile to decide (agonize over) our final verdict.

Tomorrow I am taking my first belly pic- stay tuned for the posting of that picture plus the ultrasound picture!

2 comments:

  1. Decisions decisions. I'm with you on the vbac vs section. My thoughts go toward section... especially in my case where my body has proven to go very late, not dilate, and having BIG babies. I figure it's in God's hands, and if it is His will, then the "factor's" that need to happen to have a vbac for me will happen, if not, I think I'll be more ok with a section this time than what I was with that surprise one with Landon. I can totally understand you feeling "cheated" on not having a natural birth. I felt that way too with Landon, even though I had Shawn natural. But, as you said you've got a long ways to go, and you and your doc will discuss it a few times before the "big day" (heck, I think they bring it up like every appointment with me! LOL.)

    Good luck at your appointment Monday! Make sure to call me to let me know how it goes! Two weeks from today is the big U/S... time goes too slow when you are waiting for things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Ash- it's definitely in God's hands and if we're meant to have one or the other I guess those facts will present themselves when the time comes.

    I will definitely call & let you know how things go. I can't wait for Monday to get here (and who'd ever think I'd say that?! LoL)!

    I can't wait to hear about your u/s. I hope the 2 weeks go quickly for you!!

    ReplyDelete