I ended up in labor & delivery for monitoring due to vision changes & slightly elevated blood pressure. It all started at work- I was sitting at my desk entering some billing when something happened where this light was flashing in front of my right eye. It was almost like someone had taken my picture & the flash of light was still lingering but kind of pulsing. I couldn't see right & when I looked up signs of pre-eclamsia I couldn't see the words on the screen right. I waited a few minutes but after reading that I decided to call the OB office. The nurse asked me if I had a headache when I told her my symptoms & I told her no. She then took my phone number & said she'd call back after speaking with the midwife. She called back, asked me a few more questions & I told her that it felt as though I was getting a headache at the base of my neck. She said the midwife wanted me to come in immediately.
I called John & he came to pick me up... while waiting for him the pulsing light stopped in front of my right eye but I got this weird feeling in my left eye. Then on the way up I got a headache behind my left eye. I got in & they checked my urine, weighed me, and took my blood pressure. Then I went in the exam room and waited for the midwife. She decided I should go to labor & delivery to be monitored since the vision issues & because my blood pressure was slightly elevated. So up I went and the monitoring began. At one point the nurse came in saying they wanted me to drink some water because I was having contractions. I didn't even know I was having them but after she said about it I realized the discomfort I was feeling in the one spot was the contractions.
In the end I was able to go home but I am now on modified bedrest. This means no more work, no strenuous activities, and no driving (boo!). Good thing I got the letters & wall hangings hung this past Monday!
The wall hangings
The letters
38 week belly pic


Dang! That's a crappy day! I hope everything goes alright the rest of your pregnancy! Take advantage of being told to rest! You know that it will be hard to come by soon!
ReplyDeleteAnd what are you doing out of bed to take the photo!?!?! Missy!!!
ReplyDeletehehe :)
Rest, rest, and more rest! One week from today, and she'll be here (if not sooner!)