Friday, March 4, 2011

37 weeks 2 days

Yesterday was my first of 3 total weekly appointments (yikes!). It went really well- as usual my blood pressure and weight were good. Tatum measured & sounded good- happy little girl in there :-) My midwife A said I'd have one more growth ultrasound as well as a pre-op appointment with the dr. who will be doing my c-section. After my appointment we went out to the receptionist desk and A told the receptionist I needed a growth ultrasound & appointment with the dr- not this coming week but the week after. The receptionist looked at the schedule & said how the ultrasound tech wasn't in on Thursdays so how about Friday, March 18th. I told her my c-section is scheduled for March 17th. So I'm scheduled for March 14th at 9:30. According to A I should get my surgery time that day- yay!

After I returned to work I saw a client outside- he likes my tattoos and ever since he complimented me on them he's talked to me any time I've seen him. Anyway, he asked how I was doing & I responded in turn asking him how he was. That's when he noticed my stomach. Here's how the conversation went:

Him: Are you have a baby?
Me: Yep!
Him: When are you due... October?
Me: No- 2 weeks
Him: I don't think you'll make it more than a week and a half

Now given that he's not only a man but also a mental health client I guess I shouldn't be too surprised he was asking if I was due in October. Then again though I'd be in pretty big trouble if I'm as big as I am now and due in October!

Everything is ready for Tatum- well except me having my hospital bag packed. Which I should probably do. But the car seats are in the cars. Delilah loves having her seat behind the driver's side- it's so cute. She was telling John how fun it was there. The letters & wall hangings are done and ready to be hung. The essentials are purchased. The clothes are washed. The pack n play is put up downstairs (John still has to do the one in our room) and that's about it. We're ready!


1 comment:

  1. Not too much longer!!! You forgot you have the photographer... check! hehe ;) Love the letters and lady bugs!

    ReplyDelete