Friday, October 15, 2010

17 weeks 2 days

Two days ago I was trying to listen to the heartbeat. But the baby was moving all over the place and I could not get a lock on the heartbeat. Maybe I shouldn't have a coke before trying to listen to the baby LoL! When I finally got the heartbeat on the doppler I felt a little nudge. I felt the baby moving! It's the first time I distinctively felt the baby & knew it was the baby.

Today I had my appointment- I was actually able to see the midwife I really like "A". I wasn't sure I was going to see her because last I had heard she was out on a medical leave. Anyway my weight and blood pressure was good. The baby sounded good- his/her heartrate was in the 150s. I told "A" that I would like to schedule my next appointment for the 2nd of November because we have off for Election Day. It's a Tuesday which means the ultrasound tech is in (woo hoo!) and so is Dr. S. We also talked about the GTT (glucose tolerance test). I *might* be able to get out of it this time around which would so rock. "A" said that I may just be able to do a fasting test without drinking the drink. Especially since I'm taking such a high dosage of Metformin.

I have my anatomy scan scheduled for November 2nd at 12:30. I was hoping to get in earlier in the day but that's the earliest time I was offered. Poo... I hate waiting! LoL I'm excited to see the baby again and also to see Dr. S. He did my c-section with Delilah. I really want him to do the c-section for this baby. But I also want to ask him why he put in his report that he didn't recommend that I try for a VBAC. I'm just curious because there was no reason recorded. Also I'll ask him his opinion regarding the GTT and if there were any alternative tests we could do ("A" told me to ask him). So excited I'll be seeing the babe in about 3 weeks!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww yay for feeling baby move! It's the best feeling!!

    And also another yay for getting a date for the big ultrasound! Glad to hear that "A" is back in. Hopefully I'll get to see her then instead of the other midwife.

    ReplyDelete