Friday, October 8, 2010

16 weeks 2 days

The heartbeat... a sweet, sweet sound when you hear it for the first time. I heard it for the first time at my 13 week appointment on the midwife's doppler. Before that I had tried on my POS doppler that I ended up selling. Today my new doppler came and I was very excited to try it out. After I put Delilah to bed I went to our room and made myself comfortable. Maybe 20 minutes or so, and lots of ultrasound gel later I finally, finally found my little darling's heartbeat. What a beautiful sound! It took a bit and baby was moving around (I heard the movement on the doppler) but I finally got him/her to stay still long enough to hear him/her. I tried to reach the phone to call John so he could hear too but of course that bit of movement made me lose it & then I couldn't find it again. Ah well- he'll hear it soon enough :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment