I'm 5 weeks, 5 days today. Things have been going pretty well- I've had nausea, of course using the bathroom a lot, I've been hungry a lot, and... that's about it I think. I've had a lot of cravings- mostly for salty things or veggies. I'm totally craving cottage cheese with peaches & hummus with carrots or crackers. My first appointment is scheduled for August 16th & it sure as heck can't come soon enough! I can't wait to get there & get the reassurance that lil peanut is ok and growing properly.
Delilah's been so cute- the other day we were all sitting on the couch. She turned to me, patted my arm & said "Hi momma." Then she turned to John, patted his arm & said "Hi daddy." I asked her if she could say hi to the baby. I knew she didn't really know what exactly I meant so I took her hand, put it on my belly & said "Hi baby." Then I asked her if she could do it. She then put her hand on my stomach & said "Hi baby." Ever since then if I ask her where mommy's baby is she'll pat my tummy. I also can't wait for my appointment because Delilah & John are going to be with me and I'm excited for Delilah to see the baby on the screen.
I've been going through a lot of mixed emotions- I go from being scared that something has happened to being reassured because peanut reminds me he/she is in there when he/she makes me nauseous. I'm terrified of having a missed miscarriage- it doesn't help that I see stuff like that on my due date board on fertilityfriend. I don't read the posts though- I can't. And then I feel bad that I'm not offering these women who just lost their babies words of support. I sure did forget how worried I was when I was pregnant with Delilah. It's not any better this time!


Our little girl is such a sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteI know it's not easy (especially for you cuz you're so good at worrying), but try to relax. Maybe you could do something "zen-like" (whatever that is) or have John give you a massage or sit in the tub with candles lit or listen to some relaxing music or one of the "sounds" CD's. Just a thought. It must work for some people, so maybe you could give it a try.